Tuesday 7 June 2016

Views on Northeast people by Mainland

Northeast people have moved out of their shells and now have been in many other states of the country; the people are no more a stranger to the mainland.
People would go out looking for jobs, but mostly they go for higher studies in other state of India. It has seen a rapid growth in it. 
In order to get the glimpse of how much knowledge they have about  Northeast people. Some few questions asked to the mainland people regarding their views about the Northeast people such as 'How is northeast people according to you? What do you like about them and what you don’t?  If they can differentiate us from Nepali, Bhutan and Tibetans? Would you like to visit Northeast India. Yes/No why?'

Here is their take 

Well I know a lot of north east people since I have taught a majority of them in Acharya Institute. According to me they are no different from any Indians in fact I find them friendlier and clam people. I like the fact that they have come so far and got so well adjusted in south India and also their soft nature is irresistible. 
My perception before I met a north east people was I thought they were not so good in studies but I was definitely wrong, they perform well in sports as well as in academics.  Since I have many students from the north east I find it easy to recognize whether they are Nepalis , Bhutanese or Tibetans.
I'm very much close to them and have learnt a lot about their place, food and culture. Definitely I would love to visit north east for its beautiful nature, culture and tempting food
 
Pavitra Vinod, Lecture
 Bangalore, India
I like Northeast people because they are very honest, I also liked the way the people dress and their sense of style. What he don’t liked “I think Northeast people eat beef”. I have been to Northeast; I like the places and the culture of Northeast India  
Naveen Dahiya
Sub Inspector, Delhi
Generally I have seen them very stylish. In a way they come with an inherent sense of dressing. Whatever they wear, be it a high branded or footpath stuff, it suits them.
I like the constant smile, and the friendly nature. I might dislike a person due to my personal reason; it doesn't make the whole region go bad in my view. I might have my best friend and worst enemy from the same city.
Can you differentiate us from Nepali, Bhutan and Tibetans?
Of course, most of the times it's visible in facial features, if not then language will tell me and if not even that and I need to know then I will better ask the person.
Tawang is in Arunachal Pradesh, I saw a postal stamp of ' tawang gompa' when I was just a kid.
O yes!! Of course!!! Why not???? I would visit love to visit Northeast India
I just need that longer leave from my job and a good adventurous partner to go along. Though honestly I would be bit scared, but for that matter I am equally suspicious to venture anywhere out Delhi.
Jyostna, Teacher  
New Delhi
Northeast people are sweet, technically, I like everyone. North east are really sweet and nice people.
Northeast India is my honeymoon plan once I get married. It's a beautiful place. I've read and heard about its beautiful mountains, hills, rivers, streams etc

Pranati Reddy, Student
Bangalore
Northeast people are pretty cool, much better than Haryanvi or Punjabi. They are well mannered and I like the way they conduct themselves....
Things that I don't like about them... They are quite reserved and less social as far as I know.  They don't exactly count themselves as on the same levels when compared to the rest of India
Myths... They eat snakes, insects etc even though I knew about it being a myth
Differentiating people is hard for example... People from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telengana i.e. People from south India... You cannot exactly pin point them.
Where is Tawang? Nope no idea about Tawang... Most probably not in India
Yes I would love to visit NE for its beauty and different culture. it's quite safe when compare to many metropolitan cities

Ankit Siraju
 New Delhi
Northeast people are friendly, but it takes them time to interact, mostly cause they feel different I guess Jas exclaimed. 
She also said “I love their fashion sense”. She also said Northeast people consider all of us to be a racist which isn’t true.
Talking about perception before she knew Northeast people, she embark that they don't like interacting to other races. But she realised that we do. It just takes time.
She also said that she can differentiate a Nepali and an Assamese. But the rest is hard.

Jasmine Philip, Student
Bangalore
Northeast people are quite silent, but enjoy in their group, great cook and very clean and tidy and hardworking with a combo pack of food and the style adaptation.  Ridhi also said “I don’t like when they hang with their own community people”.
Her perception towards Northeast people “I used to feel they are native of Chinese or Korean’s”.
She added “I would love to explore the beauty of nature”

Ridhi Lakra, Student
 Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Nayanthara takes on Northeast people, NE have a very different culture in comparison to all of India... I love the way they are so together together and the tribal culture is very intriguing
Nayanthara Lakshmi 
Kerala
For me, the NorthEast people are the most amazing group who love Korean dramas and Raja chilly.
what I like about them is their songs and bamboo dance and what i don’t like is their addiction towards paan, supari, cigarettes, and alcohol.
I think I can differentiate North East people from Nepalis and Tibetans... I am not sure..

Yes ... i badly want to visit NE.... because I have many friends there and I want to see the winter there.

Silpa Elizabeth Sajan
Kerala
Tawang is the most beautiful place in Arunachal.
Yes I like northeast, it’s full of natural beauty
They are also fashionable and the girls are bold.
Tarun, Uttar Pradesh
According to me north east people are very fashionista, modern, they are not conjuce...
NE people spend money alot especially for food.
Female spend money for cosmetics and clothes. I don’t know much about other northeast state people other than Nagaland. They do care alot about other people. They are helpful. Even though they are modern they are closely connected to environment.
The place, food, tradition, culture, everything goes hand in hand.  They have their own way of baking. They do like to eat leaves. When it comes to language they give importance to English than their tribal language. I think there are different varieties of tribes. They are able to identify the tribes based on the surname.
The youngsters prefer outside of d state than their place to study. They provide quality education to their children. Less rape...dowry Free State No rigid patriarchy system
They do consume alcohol even girl, Women has somewhat equal status to men
 The plus point is that even men do housework. Many of them know to play some or other musical instruments basically interested in music...
Yes i would like to visit northeast. Because I think it is one of d beautiful places in India..where the fields are filled with green, hills and house made with woods all these makes me feel to visit northeast.. I think it is a peaceful place
Actually am not someone who likes travelling..But there are three places that I dream to visit; Northeast is one among those places

Sameera MK
Kerela
Northeast people are mostly friendly. Most of them are polite but I don't like them having this concept of mainland India and Northeast
Before knowing them, I thought most of them are tribal people living an uncivilized life
Definitely I would love to visit.  I have seen so many places in pictures. It's beautiful
Vignesh chandrasekaran
Chennai
Initially I thought it’s difficult to get along with NE classmates/friends because I felt and I still feel they hesitate to come forward and make friends and take time to approach people..
But once they get close to you then they will do anything at the best, like you can rely on them anytime they are trustworthy unlike others.
What i felt is they dont get emotionally attached to anyone .
its in very rare case they do so
And till date i still get confused as in whose is NE, Bhutanese and Nepalese for me all look same ..
I would love to visit NE since one of my best friend is out there... 
 
Pujya Shetty

Mangalore
Northeast people are good

Joyson Miranda
Mangalore
Northeast people according to me are down to earth, generous and kind heart

Nelagia Fernandez
Goa
North east people are very cute according to me. But in d beginning it was very hard to believe that these people belonged to the same country of mine.
I like their open-minded behavior and friendly character.
Before i met my classmates they resembled Koreans for me...  Since I used to watch a lot of Korean dramas
I can't differentiate between all d Northeasts, Nepalese Bhutanese etc
I would like to visit NE since I heard it’s more like my state n of course to meet my friends
 
Bettina George
Kerala
I have always had either good or no experience at all with northeast people.
I like the Northeast sense of fashion
What I don’t like, at times they can be really not friendly and tend to put an aura of not being interested to mingle with people who are from the mainland.
No perception as such but I tend to be a little uncomfortable initially coz of the fact that the ones I have met earlier were not the friendliest. And like I mentioned earlier they like and stick with the northeast bunch better. So I tend to stay away until I get to know them.
Yes I can differentiate between Nepali, Bhutan and Tibetans coz although there might be a few similarities, dissimilarities over rides them. They don’t look the same according to me.

I would love to visit northeast as I have heard of its beauty, the mountains and climate and have also seen quite few pictures that my friends and relatives have clicked when they visited the place. I think it is quite worth the travel

Shalom Mammen
Non-Resident Indian (NRI)
Northeast people are very friendly, helpful and generous. Even though they have different languages and culture there is a tremendous unity among themselves. Compared to other parts of India Northeastern people are fashionable and trying to imitate or follow western culture. Most of them are good at in sports especially football.
 Before I came to know about Northeast people, I have heard that they are cruel and short tempered people. But actually they are very silent and innocent people. Most of them are addicted to pan masala and other kind of things that is the only problem I noticed.
It’s quite difficult to differentiate them from Napalees, Bhutanese and Tibetan.

Shinoj Thomas
Kerala
Well according to when I was in Mangalore, I met a lot of North East people staying in the hostel a... The things I used to like about them is that they were helpful and they would share their food and things like that.

Best thing about the North East people that I have seen is that they don't have that groupism, kind of a thing unlike other people. Thats what I feel. But I can't differentiate from where they come. I would like to visit it during the holidays

Sneden Fernandes
NRI
Northeast people are very friendly and helpful.. I like their politeness n kindness..Well there is nothing that I don't like about them that they are very nice people and when I met them it was so true
No I can't differentiate from Nepali or Bhutan or NE. Yes of course I would love to visit north east because I HV heard a lot about the places, the beautiful scenario n the culture, I will definitely visit NE some day

Johann D'silva
Goa
In my opinion I'm frankly telling you that I had no idea about northeast but by the time I came to Bangalore it was my first time I saw a north east guy and he was my first friend in the hostel....
Most of the mainland people don't know about northeast if they see a Northeast guy or a girl and say that he or she is a Nepali. They can't differentiate between Nepali or northeast people....the bad thing about the mainstream is their discriminating behavior and I hate it....
My opinion about Northeast after staying with them for three years ,they are really good ,friendly, they don't discriminate others but in some cases they like to mingle much with themselves ,have a very short temper and does not take life seriously...maybe it’s a way they life there. In fact what I feel is its pretty cool....yeah but some have attitude problems too
The thing what I like about them is their  different culture which is very different from the mainland and especially there food the pork ,dry beef ,akhuni and lots of other food items and their fashion....

 when I was small someone told me a story about Naga people that if u go there they will kill u and eat you and I swear I was really scared...but nothing like DAT is there it was just a myth a story...
Most of my close friends are from northeast and they are the coolest people to hang out with.....

Yes I would like to visit north east India because I have never visited it before ...come for the hornbill festival and come to northeast and meet my Friend's.
Sanjeev Joseph Hembrom (L)
Jharkhand

Hi my name is Harman Singh. I am from Delhi.
I have lot of respect for northeast India and its people.
Northeast people according to me are sweet and polite in nature. They are really smart and intelligent.  They are very helpful. They think about others before them. They are very hardworking and very friendly. I am telling all this by my experience with them as I have been around them. They love to hang out and try new things. They are very cheerful and they all have very good voice.
I like their taste in different things like music and their style of dressing. And there is nothing I guess which I can say I dislike.
There has always been northeast people in my class when I was in school...so never did I had any bad thinking about them...as they started coming in Delhi for jobs and studies...some bad people of mainland gave them names and called them bad things which are not true. Shame to those people.
You are not Nepali,Bhutani or Tibetans....you are Indians. People who don't know should refer India's map.
Yes I would love to visit northeast India. And I will do that soon....and reasons are yummy Food, their diff culture, the beauty of nature and to visit my friends there.
Harman Singh, Student

New Delhi 

By Azhove Resu



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do come and visit NE....... All the states in NE are beautiful. ..................I assure you a month's vacation here won be enough.

Azhove said...

Way to Northeast #Temshi