Tuesday 7 June 2016

In conversation with Tsungchilong Longchar

Tsungchlong Longchar is singer and a song writer, his love for music has spoken for itself. A very young artist and energetic person. He is also a very passionate singer and a down to earth person. As a start up artist, he also faces alot of challenges and difficulties. His music has just started and the legacy will continue on.



Let’s hear more about him in the conversation.
Firstly i would like to know about you
I m an engineering student currently studying in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.

When did you find the love for music?
Music has always been a part of me for as long as I can remember. Growing up I was always surrounded by music be it in church, from the old tape players or my parents constantly humming tunes.

Who is your inspiration? 
I think the first inspiration would be my parents... they first taught me how to play the guitar
I listen to all genres of music but my taste is mostly inclined towards jazz/pop.


Would you take music as your career?
I’m a civil engineering student; personally I wouldn't take up music as a career... I believe it would be rather difficult to earn a living off of music unless you possess exceptional skill and talent... The work would be enjoyable no doubt but when you take into consideration the burden of supporting a family.

What is your view about Music industry as a whole in Nagaland

I feel like the music scene in Nagaland is rapidly growing. Nowadays you see alot of new artists coming up bringing to the table fresh and exciting stuff. Nagas has definitely up-end their game. So many music schools are opening up and parents these days are more understanding and supportive of their children pursuing music so there definitely is huge scope for music in Nagaland... The big names like Alobo, Renbeni, and Divine connection are all full time musicians and we definitely see them earn pretty well for themselves


What’s your achievement so far?

I don't think I've achieved anything probably hitting 9k views on Facebook, I've mostly sung in churches...

Were you a part of any band, any big stage performance?

I used to be a part of this band when I was in high school... Entered a rock contest once back in 2009 I think .That was the big stage moment for me

Do you have any future plans or project coming up as an artist?

Well I've got some more covers lined up and I m also constantly writing so you can expect some originals soon as well.

Apart from music... My interests are all over the place! I like building stuff, going on an adventure, sports (although not at all the athletic type), cooking, etc etc.

How is music connected to you? 
I m very passionate about music no doubt but I like to keep this as a hobby. I'd want to keep an equal balance between the engineering job and music, whenever I get free time it’s mostly music




What would you like to say to new upcoming artist?

Do what you love and never give up! We only have this life and we should make use of our God given talents to leave imprints in someone else's life.




Here are some of his song, click the link to listen to it.... 
Cant feel my face (acapella cover)
Another cover! Had to rush with this one as tests are coming up. Anyway here is 'cant feel my face- the weeknd' Acapella version :). Hope you like it
Posted by Tsungchilong Longchar on Sunday, February 7, 2016
How deep is your love (acapella cover)
Decided to do an acapella cover of 'How deep is your love' by the bee gees... i apologize for the pitchyness here and there... anyway hope you guys like it.. :)
Posted by Tsungchilong Longchar on Monday, February 1, 2016
Stevie Wonder- Isn't she lovely (cover)
Been such a long time since i uploaded another cover. This is my take on Stevie Wonder's classic"Isn't she lovely". Made some mistakes on the video but dont wanna record again XD. Hope you guys like it. Like and Share (Y)
Posted by Tsungchilong Longchar on Friday, June 3, 2016

This was recorded way back in 2014 with my really talented friend Imtijungla Imchen. Our take on The Beatles 'Here comes the sun'. Hope you like it :)
Posted by Tsungchilong Longchar on Saturday, February 13, 2016
Jul 14, 2013 1:49pm
Me and oya Alemyim Yim trying our hand at christina and blake's song 'just a fool'... please dnt mind the red eye.. :3 forgot to turn the flash off...
Posted by Tsungchilong Longchar on Sunday, July 14, 2013

By Azhove Resu

No comments: